Although it’s helpful to schedule regular maintenance and repairs with a professional HVAC company, there are some simple ways you can help maintain the efficiency of your system on your own in-between seasonal or yearly appointments:
1. Buy a new air filter. Even the smallest particles and bacteria can now be caught by new high-efficiency filters.
2. Check your filter monthly, but replace it at least every 90 days.
3. Remove any leaves, pollen, or twigs from the top and sides of your outdoor unit and heat pump.
4. Make sure there’s always at least two feet of clearance around your outdoor AC units and heat pumps.
5. It’s also important to check refrigerant lines leading into the house monthly and swap them out if damaged or missing.
For regular maintenance and HVAC repair appointments, contact Weather Engineers by scheduling an appointment online.
Leave a Reply