Florida has a diverse mix of residents. While some are full-time homeowners, the Sunshine States is also a hub for seasonal visitors and lots of people who leave on vacation for long stretches of time. But when your Florida home sits empty for days, weeks, or even months, how should you set your air conditioning system? These six tips will help.
- Do you use a programmable thermostat to control the temperature in your home? Try investing in one of these devices, which can easily balance comfort and temperature to maximize energy savings.
- …Or, install a thermostat with wi-fi capabilities so you can be in charge of your home’s comfort wherever you are.
- When you return to Florida be sure to change the air filter in your HVAC system. Not only will this keep your air cleaner, but it will keep your whole HVAC system running more efficiently, too.
- Consider turning off the AC completely when you’re out of town so you don’t incur higher energy costs.
- Schedule an annual maintenance appointment to make sure your AC is in great shape year round.
You can make sure all your questions are answered during an annual service appointment with Weather Engineers, and have your AC unit maintained and tuned at the same time. Call our friendly professionals to learn more about our services, or schedule an appointment online today!
Leave a Reply