Be honest—when was the last time you thought about your dryer vents? The reality is, most people never think about their dryer vents and some don’t even know where they’re located. But while you may never give your dryer vents a second thought, it’s important to clean and maintain your dryer vents on a regular basis. Skipping regular dryer vent cleaning can cause poor ventilation, which isn’t just a fire hazard, but can result in carbon monoxide buildup too. If it’s been awhile since you’ve cleaned your dryer vents, here’s what you can do:
Cleaning Your Dryer Vent
– It’s vital to keep safety in mind when cleaning your dryer vents. The first thing you want to do is unplug your dryer. If you don’t unplug your dryer, you are putting yourself at risk for electrical shock.
– The dryer vent is located behind the dryer and goes into the wall. Move the dryer far enough so you can get to the vent. You will need either a screwdriver or nut driver to loosen the clamp and get the vent off the dryer.
– After the dryer vent has been removed, put on a pair of gloves. Next, reach into the vent and remove as much lint as you can and place it into a trash bag.
– You will need to clean both ends of the dryer vent. You will be able to most, but not all, of the lint out by hand. Use a vacuum to remove any of the lint you were not able to get by hand. Then, reconnect the vent to the dryer.
– Go outside and repeat the process with the vent on the outside of your house.
Dryer Vent Cleaning In Brevard County
The best way to ensure your dryer vents are safe is by scheduling a professional dryer vent cleaning with the experts at Weather Engineers. Our team of experienced technicians will make sure your dryer vents are cleaned and in top-performing condition. A professionally cleaned dryer vent will give you peace of mind. You won’t have to worry about a potential fire hazard or carbon monoxide buildup that can result from a poorly maintained dryer vent. Give us a call and we will be happy to answer any questions you have at no obligation.
Leave a Reply