5 Easy Ways to Lower Your Cooling Costs
Living in Florida, you understand the importance of a quality air conditioning system. But did you know that around 60 percent of your electricity bill is likely going to cooling costs alone? Considering Florida maintains a warm and humid climate almost year round, knowing how to keep your energy bills from burning a hole in your pocket is important. Fortunately, there are lots of small efforts you can make to ensure your energy consumption remains low. Check out these five easy ways you can lower your cooling costs.
1. Routine maintenance performed by an HVAC professional is one of the easiest ways to keep your system running efficiently, which can keep cooling costs low.
2. Did you know that simply changing the lightbulbs in your home can help you lower your cooling costs? Standard incandescent bulbs give off much more heat than CFLs. Making the switch can help you maintain a comfortable temperature in your home for less.
3. It’s estimated that around 20 to 30 percent of the air that circulates through the ductwork in your air conditioning system is lost before it ever reaches the inside of your home. This is due to leaks, holes and poorly connected ducts. Having your ductwork sealed is a great way to remedy this issue and save energy.
4. If you don’t already have one, upgrading to a programmable thermostat can help you save money on your energy bills. A programmable thermostat will allow you to program the device for energy savings throughout the day.
5. These five free online tools can teach you how to cut your utility bills so you can spend your money on what you really want.
Looking for more helpful tips to save on your energy bills? The HVAC professionals at Weather Engineers can help. We specialize in air conditioning and heating repair, duct cleaning and other leading-edge HVAC practices designed to make your home comfortable and more efficient. Contact us to schedule an appointment.
Leave a Reply